Do you ask yourself late in the day, “Where did the time go? I haven’t gotten anything completed today!”
Then, are you willing to find out where you’ve spent most of your time? It’s really simple:
- For one week keep a daily journal (personal and business) of the tasks, projects, errands, etc.… that you did during your day. Be as thorough as possible.
From this you will see where not only minutes but hours are spent on un-organized, non-productive and lost time duties. Now that you see that there are time leaks in your day, consider that there are costs to those leaks that aren’t necessarily in monetary values, at least initially.
- Time – This is a no brainer. We all know that unless you have a time machine, there is no way of getting used time back.
- Focus – When our minds are out of focus and don’t have a plan, we tend to wander to many different things. Being organized with a plan is like having a road map. You follow the plan/map and it will take you exactly where you want to go.
- Effort – Running around with no organized plan is Exhausting! The effort it takes mentally, emotionally and physically will wear you out so much faster than having a detailed plan of action for your day.
- Emotion – Hear yourself saying, “I’m so Frustrated!” When you just can’t seem to get things done to completion. Many emotions come into play like despair, lack of confidence and self-respect. You can’t see the light at the end of your to-do list.
Take a look at the areas of your life that need organizing. Make a priority list. From what is most important and what needs to be “Done NOW” to “What Can I Delegate” to “I will Never Do This, I’m Eliminating this from my List”. Take on what you can easily manage on your own or decide to hire someone like DONE AND DONE to help you.
Make sure to complete the process, and see the goal to the end. Let your choices be beneficial to the new habit, and lifestyle of order, and organization. Don’t be afraid to say “NO” when something goes contrary to the order, and organization in your life. Oh, and by the way, here are the benefits to your new, organized way of life:
- Time – This is a no brainer. You now have time to get things done AND have time to ENJOY your LIFE!
- Focus – You have clarity to get more things done than you ever imagined. Being organized with focus is a powerful, productive and successful place to be.
- Effort – The biggest effort is the task of getting organized. The easiest effort is maintaining your organized life. “A few smaller projects is much easier to handle than one large project”.
- Emotion – Is that a smile that I see on your face? Yes, being organized will put you in a happy place.
DONE AND DONE gives you the help you need to get those to-do lists done and keep your life organized when time gets away. Knowing that projects are done and knowing where things are will give time for the things you love. Call us: 210.488.1368